Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a recipe with you that I adapted from the Minimalist Baker’s 5 Ingredient Granola Bars.
I had a bunch of dates that were starting to get too hard to enjoy on their own for a snack so I decided to research some recipes. When I read Dana’s recipe I decided to change part of it up based on flavors I like/ingredients I had on hand:
1 cup of packed Medjool dates
1/8th cup of honey
1/4th cup of coconut peanut butter
1/2 cup of almonds loosely chopped
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- While dates are soaking loosely chop the almonds.
- Option- Toast the oats at 350 for about 10 minutes
- Chop up and de-pitt the dates.
- Add the dates to a blender (a food processor would be better but I don’t have one).
- Then put the dates, almonds, coconut flakes, and oats in a bowl.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat melt the coconut peanut butter and honey together.
- Then pour the coconut peanut butter/honey mixture over your mixture and mix all together.
- Spread over a 8 x 8 pan that is lined with parchment paper (I used my 13×9 and didn’t fill the whole pan.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut the bars into 10 pieces and freeze for 20 more minutes.
- Then wrap bars individually in aluminum foil and store in freezer.
*Note- my bars didn’t stay super packed like a real granola bar, but they were still delicious!
Dates soaked and chopped.
Mixture and what went into the freezer.
Final product! Yum! A healthy snack, with ingredients that you know!
Do you have a healthy granola bar recipe to share?