Happy New Years everyone! 2015 has come and gone in a flash! There were some pretty amazing moments and some moments we can forget about. But that is life right? Focus on the good things, that is what matters most!
Aerial Yoga with my best friend Danielle.
Wine and Painting with my Mama
Make-up and Eataly with my sister
Running the NYC Half Marathon
Winning 3rd place in my age group for the local 5k in my town
Getting a running injury and learning a lot about my mind, body and soul.
Rocking Spin and Body Pump on Friday Nights
Getting a Kitchen Aid Mixer for my Birthday!
Hosting an awesome birthday party in my parent’s new backyard
Passing my NASM test and becoming a certified Personal Trainer
Becoming a Mad Dogg Spinning Instructor (with my girl Jen!) and getting my Group Exercise certificate.
Getting my first Cycling job at New York Sports Club
My parent’s new kitchen
Being present for Thanksgiving and loving every minute of it.
Aerial Yoga with my sister
Developing my baking/cooking skills the whole year
Running my first marathon!!!!!!! The NYC Marathon!!!!!
What a year! I have learned so much about myself physically, emotionally, and mentally and I know with each year I will continue to do so.
Some learning moments/final thoughts from this year…
- I ended the year running 914 miles, that is almost the distance to the top of Florida!
- My baking and cooking skills have developed more and I feel more confident working in the kitchen.
- I have learned that running isn’t life. It gives you life, but it isn’t everything.
- I have begun to follow my passions and not settle for mediocre.
- I have a better mindset about food. Working towards that idea that Cookies = Kale and Kale = Cookies, food is food, don’t give it power.
- Carbs are GOOD for you and eat ALL the bagels when you train for a marathon.
- Don’t judge people based on how they look, they could be a really awesome person.
- Don’t blow on fires, that will not put them out. 🙂
- Ice cream may be my favorite food.
- Life has a way of throwing some crazy curveballs at you, embrace it, deal with it and LEARN from it.
Cheers to another crazy roller coaster of life in 2016!!