I love chocolate, give me a piece of 85% Dark Chocolate smeared with Peanut Butter and I am down! But I’m not the biggest fan of those solid Easter bunnies. I don’t know why, but they are just kind of…there. Then they end up sitting there and eventually they get thrown out. Am I right?
We had a bunch of random Easter Milk Chocolate so I looked around in the pantry to see what ingredients I had to work with and voila– Leftover Easter Candy Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow, whatever neck of the woods that you are from calls it!
- A box of Chex or the store brand kind
- Leftover Easter Chocolate plus extra chocolate chips to supplement depending on your chocolate supply
- Peanut Butter- about a cup
- Coconut Oil- about 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar- about 1 and 1/2 cups
All of my ingredients were like half used- this is one of those recipes where measuring doesn’t really matter too much and it’s a great way to use up other ingredients along with the Easter candy. The cereal had been opened but someone only had maybe one or two bowls from it and the peanut butter was half used.
Sorry Bunnies 😦
- Chop up the Easter candy.
- Melt it in a sauce pan with coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Pour over cereal and stir to coat the cereal.
- Put powdered sugar in a Zip-loc bag.
- Add cereal mixture to bag.
- Shake, shake, shake!
- Let it sit in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.