I love Mexican food! Burritos, Tacos, Quesadillas, Guac and Chip= YUM!
I decided to create an easy, healthy and delicious Mexican dish.
Mexican Quinoa Recipe *Developed by Andrea Golden
Makes about 6 Servings
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 package of Lite Shredded Mexican cheese or Lite Cheese Blend
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1 can of corn
- 1 onion
- Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sautee onion in a large skillet on high heat with about two tablespoons of olive oil until translucent. *While cooking onion, cook one cup of quinoa according to the package directions.
- Add ground turkey and cook through
- Add tomatoes, black beans, corn, a few shakes of chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Let it all cook together.
- Bring down to a simmer. Add cooked quinoa and stir all together.
- Add in package of Mexican cheese and melt all together.
- Serve with fresh avocado slices.
A healthy, cheesy, easy one-pot-wonder! Enjoy!